By Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan
This pathbreaking assortment offers anything that has been lacking within the literature on getting older in India, particularly for non-Indian audiences: reviews of varied elements of getting older in India mixed with analyses of present guidelines, coverage developments and suggestions. you will study getting older concerns from a number of perspectivesdemographic foundations, social and relatives family, economics, wellbeing and fitness and incapacity, present interventions, and advocacy and coverage. An getting older India additionally offers you updated references, reasons of transformations and similarities inside of India's varied inhabitants, examples of courses in quite a few settings together with a geriatric medical institution, an immense NGO, and old-age houses, and an outline of the advance of India's nationwide coverage on getting older. the place acceptable, comparisons with U.S. coverage ways are noted.
An getting older India: views, customers, and guidelines examines:
- the demography of getting older in India
- the present nation of analysis on getting older, and the pitfalls linked to that study
- source of revenue, poverty, and the issues created by way of the shortcoming of any frequent retirement source of revenue process in India
- the well-being prestige of Indian elders and what their healthcare clients are
- the location for the disabled aged in India
- elder abuse within the Indian context
- social networks and grassroots corporations for seniors in India
- the function of Indian geriatric hospitals and old-age houses
The insights of the pinnacle researchers and practitioners who contributed to An getting older India: views, customers, and rules will strike domestic with their opposite numbers worldwide. Make this publication part of your professional/teaching assortment today!
Read or Download An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies PDF
Similar gerontology books
The qualitative research of obviously happening discourse in neurogenic verbal exchange issues, in particular in dementia reports, has skilled contemporary burgeoning curiosity from wide-ranging disciplines. This multidisciplinarity has been interesting, yet has further contextual confusion. This book advances the research of discourse in dementia through systematically exploring and employing diverse techniques to an analogous loose conversational facts units, accrued and transcribed by way of the authors.
This ebook brings jointly favourite investigators to supply a complete advisor to doing lifestyles direction examine, together with an “inside view” of the way they designed and conducted influential longitudinal stories. utilizing shiny examples, the members hint the connections among early and later adventure and show how researchers and graduate scholars can realize those hyperlinks of their personal study.
Specific Variables in Developmental learn offers developmental researchers with the fundamental instruments for knowing the best way to make the most of specific variables of their information research. masking the size of person changes in development charges, the size of level transitions, latent classification and log-linear types, chi-square, and extra, the ebook offers a method for developmental researchers to use express information.
In interpreting previous, girl, and Rural, you’ll observe simply that--the truth in regards to the day-by-day dwelling occasions of the nation’s older woman populations in rural areas. This scholarly assortment might help you and others dispel the romantic frontier myths of the stoic, tenacious, and self sustaining rural lady.
- Social Work Practice in Home Health Care
- Pain Management for Older Adults: A Self-Help Guide
- Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- Elder Abuse and Mistreatment: Policy, Practice and Research
- Gerontological Social Work Practice: Issues, Challenges, and Potential
Additional info for An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies
An Aging India: Perspectives, Prospects, and Policies by Phoebe S Liebig,S. Irudaya Rajan